• Single rooms
• Patios and gardens
• Passenger lift
• Equipment to assist in daily living
• Respite care and convalescence *
• Minibus for outings
• Church service monthly
• Double rooms for couples, sisters, friends
• Mobile library
• Ministers of different faiths
• Barbeques fortnightly in summer (weather dependent)
*Respite care is an essential and valuable need for many elderly people and their families. Many people do not require long term care, and would benefit greatly from a ‘holiday’ in secure surroundings where they can relax and allow others to care for them.
Also, many families who are caring for an elderly relative benefit from this service as they are getting a break at the same time as their relative.
Convalescence at Cooriedoon after an illness or a stay in hospital is also extremely beneficial. You can regain your strength and recuperate with expert help and support around you.